Monday, July 18, 2011

After being sick for a week or two , I feel like life is  absolutely grand now that I am out and about again.!  I realize that being physically down can make you feel spiritually low, emotionally drained and negative about doing anything that takes energy. I basically got SICK of being sick! I don't know if it is because I am feeling so good or if I have just had several eventful days but I have several things I want to share with you...

REUNION...can I say 35th? This last Saturday evening my "class of 76" celebrated our 35th reunion. As I sat there enjoying the Hawaiian decor I was so amazed and
saddened. You see, I had a pretty unnoticed high school life. I was basically your wall flower. Yes, I had my group of close friends and stayed really busy with church life. The truth is...I felt so insecure, so unable...so inadequate that I realize I came across snobby and probably judgemental. I wanted to try new things, be involved and act crazy with everyone but I just felt so awkward. I knew the Lord but I didn't realize my worth was found in HIm.
I hate to say this but 5 years ago at our 30th class reunion those feeling just resurfaced as soon as I arrived. I had a miserable time. Somehow, someway these last five years I have realized that there was no telling what or who I had missed knowing. I went Sst. night with a desire to have funlf listen to people and really speak to as many as I could. Our committee for the reunion did a fabulous job and so many people were there that I hadn't seen in well....35 years...! I looked around the room and realized that everyone had changed. We all had grown up(and many of us had grown out):) I loved seeing and hearing about what everyone is doing now .

No comments:

Post a Comment